Are you a friend or family member? Find support HERE
Online Meetings & Support:
- In The Rooms – For meetings, this is where I would start. With over 130 meetings each week, which include multiple pathways to recovery, there is something for everyone. Meetings for all 12 Step, Non-12 Step, Wellness and Mental Health, and more. They can even provide meeting confirmations if needed.
- Alcoholics Anonymous – multiple types of AA meetings or AA Phone Meetings
- Cocaine Anonymous – daily online meetings as well as email meeting options
- The Daily Pledge – several meetings a day. Can provide meeting confirmations.
- The Herren Project provides recovery meetings every night at 7:30pm.
- LGBTQ+ Online Recovery Meetings or check out AA’s LGBTQ meetings
- Life Recovery – (uses the Life Recovery Bible) has online groups open to everyone
- LifeRing Secular Recovery – daily online meetings
- McShin Foundation – podcasts and video meetings from Richmond based McShin.
- Medication Assisted Recovery Anonymous – several meetings a week.
- Narcotics Anonymous: Virtual NA or NA Chatroom – Both have several meetings a day
- Refuge Recovery – a buddhist-oriented recovery program offers online meetings, guided meditations, and other resources
- RU Recovery Ministries – faith based virtual meetings
- SMART Recovery – science-based, self-empowered meetings. Some meetings confirmed.
- Sober Black Girls Club – online meetings, mentorship, podcast, blog and resources.
- Unity Recovery – five meetings a day. Can provide meeting confirmations.
- Women for Sobriety – non 12 step 24/7 message board, chat meetings
- Heart of the Matter a space to open up about substance use and mental health
- Joe & Charlie Big Book Comes Alive (AA)
- McShin Foundation new podcasts from our friends at McShin
- This Naked Mind alcohol primary focus
- Recovery Elevator alcohol primary focus
- Sober Black Girls Club women of color in sobriety talking all things related to community, recovery, and growth
- Sobercast AA speaker meetings and workshops in podcast format
- Sober Girl’s Guide sobriety, mental health, self development
- That Sober Guy drug, alcohol & other addictions, mental health
- AA Big Book
- The Calm App for stress, anxiety
- Celebrate Recovery faith based
- Connections clinical and peer support, resource library
- Inspirations by Hazelden/Betty Ford
- NA Speakers
- Recovery Devotionals faith based
- Recovery Path
- Sober Tool
- 7 Cups of Tea emotional support
Misc. Online Resources:
- Listen to the Big Book (AA)
- Read the Big Book (AA)
- Listen to AA Speakers
- Listen to the Basic Text (NA)
- Read the Basic Text (NA)
- Recovery Today Magazine – free online magazine offering stories of hope
Harm Reduction Resources:
- The S.E.E. Recovery Center in Culpeper has free harm reduction kits. 710 U.S. Avenue, 540-825-3366, SEERecovery@rrcsb.org
- Get Narcan (Naloxone) the opioid overdose reversal drug sent to you in the mail by The Chris Atwood Foundation. Watch a short instructional video then fill out the confidential request form. Can only be shipped to addresses in Virginia.
- The Harm Reduction Coalition can help you find harm reduction resources where you live.
- Never Use Alone 1-800-484-3731 Provides a life saving point of contact for people who use drugs and are there to help in the event of an overdose.
Don’t forget your Mental & Physical Health:
- The Phoenix is a free sober active community gym that inspires people in recovery to rise from the ashes of addiction by fostering healing through fitness and community with the support of those who are walking that very same path. They have a huge variety of free classes available to anyone that can be found HERE.
- Planet Fitness is offering free daily workout videos on their facebook page.
- ROCovery Fitness is a supportive community of physically active SOBER individuals that provides multiple free workouts every day.
- AA Morning Meditation and AA Evening Meditation or AA Step Meditations
- Yoga of 12 Step Recovery (Y12SR) for people recovering from all manifestations of addiction, from behavioral addictions to substance abuse.
- Trauma Informed Yoga for Addiction Recovery
- Daily Calm: 10 minute meditations
- A little Nature Therapy
- Learn to do a Body Scan Meditation to help with relaxation and sleep
- 10 minute Yoga flows to start or end your day
- Faith Based Guided Prayers & Meditations
- Anxiety Support – peer-to-peer support group for those coping with various anxiety disorders
HELPLINES & HOTLINES
RRCSB 24hr Crisis Hotline (Local)
Peer2Peer 24hr Warmline (Local)
Text 24hr Crisis Line
text “home” to 741741
Never Use Alone
Substance Abuse Hotline
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
or text 741741 or chat: Lifeline Chat
Veterans Crisis Line
988 then press 1 or text 838255
First Responders HERO Peer Warmline
Nacional de Prevención del Suicidio/Hispanic Lifeline
LGBTQ Trevor Project Lifeline
National Youth Crisis Hotline
Deaf or Hard of Hearing Lifeline
TTY: dial 711 then 988
Domestic Violence Hotline
800-799-7233 or text start to 8788
Mental Health America of VA
Human Trafficking Hotline
1-888-373-7888 or text 233733